Sunday, August 26, 2018

Painting a blank canvas...

HOME STAGING:  PAINTING a BLANK CANVAS in 3D


When I was in art school, they always told me to "Paint outside the box!"  The challenge in home design/staging is to "paint" inside the box with 3-D media.  

It is important to listen to the nuances of the home I am staging.  Does this home say "Relax!" or does it say "Celebrate!" ? 

I am often asked to give an estimate of what it would cost to stage a certain size home but I have to explain that I am not a cookie cutter stager.  Each home has its own story to tell and my job is to determine what that story is and tell it to the best of my design ability.  This is always a challenge.  The cost to stage each home is thus according to the extent of effort and inventory required. 

The most important thing to remember is that a blank room does not tell ANY story.  Most buyers do not have the ability to define a space and see themselves in it - especially after seeing home after home in a day of home shopping.
What you want is YOUR home to be is the ONE HOME that the buyers could not forget - in a GOOD way.

You want YOUR home to be the one they say they want to go back and see.  If they get that "Ahhhh!" sensation when they walk through the door, I have done my job well.  




before
after
before
after

Call me and let's talk about what your goals are (239-887-1935).  What type of canvas are you presenting to your potential buyers?  Give me a day and I will make your home a SHOWstopper!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Luxurious Stage in Majestic Palms

We have the opportunity to stage multiple condos in Majestic Palms, but each one is staged to perfection and with a different flare. We'...